Sunday, October 4, 2015

A Dilemma

Hello again! It's Natalie. Unfortunately, last week of dance was not exciting at all. But I have a dilemma and was wondering if you could help me solve the problem.

So, in about two weeks, I am going to a dance competition with the cast of the show Dance Moms. That's very exciting, but I was invited to go to Disneyland the same day. This being Disneyland's 60th anniversary AND Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, I expect that it will be a big celebration. I love Disneyland and have been wanting to go for a long time. I'm pretty positive that I won't be going that day. So, the day after the competition is another day that I could possibly go. The problem is, I have my first rehearsal for my small, special dance group. I'm not sure what I should miss.

Another problem, I'm not even sure whether I want to do the small group. It's just more time that I don't have. With my Bat Mitzvah coming up and homework and friends, I'm don't know whether or not this is the right time. There will be more opportunities, and maybe I should take them instead. But, everybody in my dance group has either a solo, duet, or small group. I don't want to be the only person without something. I don't know whether or not I will feel bad during a competition or when the groups are showing their dances to the class. When I'm at a competition and am sitting in the audience while all of my friends are backstage, getting ready, I may feel horrible. Or I may be relieved that I don't have more to do.

Now, I could always talk to my dance teacher about the group rehearsal time being changed, or talk to my friends' parents about changing the Disneyland date, but assuming that nothing can be changed, what should I do? Please comment your opinions below and let me know what you would do. Thanks!

Until next week...

3 comments:

  1. Do the small group! The same deal happened to me last year, and I regretted it somuch. The thing is, you can go to Disney land anytime of the year, even its 100th anniversary!! But you can't do the small group again, it's not fun to watch these other dancers prepare for a dance your not in as you're left sitting side stage watching them, feeling guilty.. Even though school is hectic for me, this year I'm in 7 companies dancing 18 hours a week, and I don't regret a thing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Keep me updated on what happens please. I love your blog)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this and your opinion. I will DEFINITELY take it into consideration. And thank you for loving my blog.

      Delete