Sunday, September 27, 2015

A Hectic Second Week

     Welcome back! So, the second week of dance. It was an interesting week indeed. A couple things happened, which impacted my week a lot. Holidays, homework, and one more thing that made this week more difficult than it already was going to be.
    
     Monday was no school, no dance. This means that I hadn't had a Monday class yet, at all. That was kind of a bummer. I had really wanted to get started. The studio was open, but seeing as it was a Jewish holiday (and I am Jewish), I didn't attend that day's classes.
   
      Tuesday was when things started to go downhill. I got sick. Fabulous, right? No fever, but the color was still in my face, so I went to both school and dance. I'm still trying to get used to hip-hop, and Ballet Technique was not exciting at all. So it was kind of a lazy day. Class ends at 7:30, and it was my mom's day, so I had to go over to her house after dance, exhausted and my illness was simply getting worse.
    
     Wednesday brought ill tidings, literally. I really got sick that day. Still no fever, but I couldn't breathe out of my nose whatsoever and all the blood had drained from my face. So I didn't go to school (I missed a math quiz which was annoying to have to make up), and also skipped dance. I had a lazy day in which I read all day in bed. It wasn't very exciting and I was anxious to get up and move around.
   
     On Thursday, I was still feeling sick, but well enough to go to school. I made up my math quiz and had a regular day. I have acrobatics on Thursdays, and I figured it may be best not to stand on my head while I was congested. But I still went to my competition class because I didn't want to miss any new choreography. I went in my school clothes and simply sat and watched (except for a little marking at my teacher's request).
   
     The rest of the week was regular. Nothing special, nothing new. But it's just the beginning...

1 comment: