Sunday, April 17, 2016

High School (Excessive Complaint Noises)

Hello readers! So today I'm going to be talking about something less exciting, un-related topic... HIGH SCHOOL (oohhh). I just feel like I need to get it out of my system to bear with me. Or don't.

Okay so on Thursday I toured a high school for the first time which really psyched me out. We had some tour guides (seniors) who were great, but were talking about college, like, the entire time. That really stressed me out. They were saying things like "you need to figure out what you want to do with your life now. And if not now, soon." I was just thinking "I'm still in middle school calm down I have NO IDEA what I want yet."

The guides also were amazing students. One took 4 AP classes in one year and had taken 10 overall. The other one had taken 8, but was involved in almost every club and organization in the school. It really made me feel like, "if they can do it, I can... but at the same time, do I want to? CAN I?" I had so many conflicting feelings.

We went into a bunch of classrooms, each with a different kind of teacher. We saw a funny one, a serious one, a sarcastic one, and a terrifying one. And the tour guides and the teachers would talk to us and relate their class to college.

Right after I got back to school, we had to take culmination pictures which was kind of nerve-racking. It was like they were saying "it's time to go now. Start getting ready for the future!"

Personally, I don't think we should be thinking about college in that magnitude quite yet. Our opinions and interests will change in a year, let alone four. Yes, I want my options to be open, but I also don't know what I want to do with my life. It's getting kind of personal, so I'm going to stop talking about this now. Thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment