Friday, April 8, 2016

Competition #5: Hall of Fame in Ontario (Day 1)

Hello readers! So this weekend I have a dance competition called Hall of Fame in Ontario. It spans from today to Sunday, so I will try to update daily and let you know what's going on.

So my sister's call time was at 3:00 (though people from our studio had been performing since 8:30 that morning), and being a Friday, both my sister and I had to leave school early. She left with one of her friends, so my mom picked me up early and we had to stop at our house and get gas and stop for lunch before we ever actually got going.

It took us about an hour and a half to get from LA to Ontario, and by that time it was already 2:30 and my sister wasn't even dressed, let alone had her hair crimped, had her costume on, or done her makeup. So we rushed around trying to get her ready before her call time. We didn't quite finish in time, but we were close enough and it was fine.

This competition live-streams the dances, so while we were in the dressing room, I was also watching the competition trying to keep up with the dances that were going on and keep track of time. I ran out to watch some of the dances from our studio, ran back to the dressing room to continue helping, and kind of went in a circle.

Finally my sister went on, and they did great. There was one more dance and then there was awards. The results of this day will be posted below.

We did very well at this competition. After celebrating, we went out to dinner for one of the girls on my team's birthday. I will not reveal the name of the restaurant we went to, but the service was really slow, we were getting the wrong orders, and the food wasn't very good. It took us an hour before we actually got our food. But that's okay we had fun anyway.

We got back to the hotel room and now, we are just relaxing (finally).

That's it for today. Below, I will give you a list of the awards received today and the names of the songs performed to. Thanks for reading!

Awards (from least to greatest is High Silver, Gold, High Gold, Platinum, Grand Slam):

  • 9 High Golds
  • Costume Award
  • 2 Platinums
  • 2 Allstar Awards
  • 2 1st Place Awards
Songs:
  • "My Wish" - Rascal Flatts
  • "Supermodel (You Better Work)" - RuPaul
  • "Dead In The Water" - Ellie Goulding
  • "Beautiful Girl" - Sarah McLachlan
  • "Colourless Colour" - La Roux
  • "Heroes (we could be)" - Alesso
  • "Spice Up Your Life" - Spice Girls
  • "Jellicle Songs For Jellicle Cats" - Cats Original Broadway Cast
  • "Right Now" - Van Halen

No comments:

Post a Comment