Saturday, January 30, 2016

Doctor Who

Welcome back readers! So, as you could probably tell by the title, I won't be doing a blog about my life or my writing this week. But, February kicks off competitions, so I will be doing more dance blogs then.

I'm dedicating this blog to my favorite television series: "Doctor Who". This is a science-fiction BBC original which has been running for over fifty years.

The show follows an alien known as the Doctor, a brilliant, quirky, but dark and mysterious Time Lord and his human companion traveling through time and space in his spaceship. It may sound like your average, cheesy, sci-fi TV show, but Doctor Who is really something special. It makes you create deep emotional bonds with the characters and events... which makes the show even harder to watch,

The Doctor is over 1,000 hears old and the way he escapes death is by regenerating. When he regenerates, the actor changes, which means saying goodbye to what is possibly your favorite Doctor and never seeing them again. It's absolutely heart-breaking seeing your favorite Doctor regenerate. And, usually, when the Doctor changes, so does his companion(s). The companion travels with the Doctor on his adventures. This show is heart-breaking because of all the good-byes you have to say.

There have been 12 Doctors so far plus the War Doctor. I have only watched the War Doctor and Doctors 9-12 in the new Doctor Who series which began in 2005 and is still running. The original series started in 1963 and ended in 1989.

The Doctor and his companion(s) go on adventures in his ship the TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimensions In Space) to different planets in different times. They meet different aliens and outrun death. The show constantly keeps you on your toes guessing what the Doctor will do next. There's a new adventure around every turn. The characters are hilarious and the plot lines and writing are genius. The show doesn't disappoint.

Thanks for reading! If you want to watch Doctor Who, both the original and new series are on Netflix. The new series is being taken off on February 1st, but may be put back on (fingers crossed; I'll let you know). Have a great week!

****I want to thank my friends Kimia, Marissa, Kayla, Hannah, Eva, and Karena for introducing me to this AMAZING show. Click here to read Kimia'sKayla'sHannah'sEva's, and Karena's "FANTASTIC" blogs.

2 comments:

  1. Doctor Who. Doctor Who. Does whatever a Doctor Who does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem Natalie! I'm glad I introduced you to this wonderful show <3

    ReplyDelete