Saturday, March 5, 2016

Competition #3 Cont. + Rehearsal

Welcome back to my blog! In this blog, I'll be telling you about the results from Sunday (including mine) and about the four hour rehearsal we had.

Our group got 3rd Place Overall against girls who are MUCH older than us and MUCH MORE experienced. Here are the rest of the results in no particular order:

  • 3 High Golds
  • 4 Platinums
  • "Triple Threat"
  • 2 3rd Place Overalls
  • 4th Place Overall
  • 2 5th Place Overalls 
  • "Lovely Lifts"
  • 1st Place 
  • "Light as a Feather"
And a list of the songs performed to:

  • "Uptown Funk" - Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
  • "She Works Hard for the Money" - Donna Summer
  • "Flying Without Wings" - Westlife
  • "California Dreamin'" - San Andreas Sia
  • "Imagine" - Unknown (Sorry!)
  • "Stranger" - Active Child
  • "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" - The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Lorde
  • "Father" - Demi Lovato
So yeah, we didn't win much. But I'm proud of the way we did. Our group's average age is 13, and we beat groups who's average age was 16 and 17. The groups we competed against danced an average of 30 hours a week and are homeschooled. Most girls in my group dance 11 hours a week and are straight A students and we beat those girls. Everyone performed great and I am so happy with our results. It's not about winning. It's about doing what we love and getting a great experience. 

So anyway, we had a four hour rehearsal on Friday at Calabasas High School. This was a stage rehearsal for all the younger kids who have not performed on stage yet, but the older kids (like me) had to come to set a good example and for the extra rehearsal time. I got back home from school at 3:30, had to eat, put on my costume, do my hair, and get there by 4:30. It actually started at 4:00, but I was the 12th number so I had time to spare. I got there and had one of my friends do my makeup so it would be done faster. The younger kids took almost two hours before they were done, so I didn't go until almost six. But after that I just sat and cheered on the younger kids. So that was about it!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment